Monday 20 April 2015

Homemade Chocolate Pudding

I believe moderation is key to any good diet, and moderation includes the occasional splurge.  :)  We have a desert once a week, usually on Friday night, to kick off the weekend.  That means I spend most of Friday in my kitchen, between, making bread for the weekend and pizza as well, my oven is on all afternoon.  Our weather here is finally improving, so, to be honest, I wasn't feeling too much like baking anything more.  One of my daughters mentioned chocolate pudding on the way home from school, and that seemed brilliant to me.  I somehow had forgotten about this recipe!  It is SOOO good, SOOO easy, SOOO chocolatey!  I promise you will never buy another boxed pudding again!!!  Top it with a little fresh whipped cream, and everyone is happy!

To make Chocolate Pudding, you will need:

  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup cocoa
  • 3 Tbsp cornstarch or flour
  • 2 cups milk I use skim, but use whatever you have on hand
  • 2 tsp vanilla
Whisk together all dry ingredients in a large, microwave safe bowl.
Slowly whisk in milk and make sure to break up any lumps.
Microwave on high for 3 minutes, then stir.
 Cook in microwave for one minute at a time, stirring in between until pudding thickens and is shiny.


Stir in vanilla, then put plastic wrap directly on the pudding (to avoid skin) and place in refrigerator to cool and set, about 2 hours.
( I used wax paper this time, but wouldn't recommend it, the top stuck to the paper when I tried to remove it)

I doubled the recipe this time, as there are 5 of us.  :)

Oh! any by the way, this recipe makes a killer chocolate pie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment