Wednesday 25 March 2015

Blueberry Cheesecake Trifle

  One of my very favorite events was coming up: Ladies Night!  I absolutely LOVE getting together with my besties, most of whom happen to be my cousins.  Family and friends are very special, and when you are lucky enough to combine the two, well, that is magical.
  I offered to bring desert to our get together and wanted to do something different and a little special.  My middle daughter does not like cheese (can you believe that??!!) so, considering she was not coming, I had to take the opportunity to make something I never get to... I decided on a cheesecake trifle.  I added some ginger snap cookies in with the graham and was thrilled with the results.  As I finally settled on this desert the day before the get together, I just used store bought ginger snaps, the next time I will plan ahead and make the cookies first.  Either way, this was delicious!  I hope you enjoy as much as we did!

                                      To make Blueberry Cheesecake Trifle, you will need:
  • 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1 Tbsp sugar
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 6 ginger snap cookies
  • 2 Tbsp butter
  • 2 packages light cream cheese, softened
  • 1/3 cup icing sugar
  • 2 tsp lemon juice
  • 4 cups wild blueberries (I used thawed frozen)
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 Tbsp sugar
Combine first 6 ingredients in a food processor, blend to crush cookies and walnuts.
Beat cream cheese with lemon juice and icing sugar until smooth, set aside.
Whip heavy cream with vanilla and remaining sugar, until stiff peaks form.
Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
In a trifle bowl, or glass bowl, press half of the graham crumb mixture in the bottom.
Next, carefully pour half of the cream cheese mixture evenly over the crust, making sure not to mess up the bowl!

 Add 2 cups of blueberries, then repeat layers.

Refrigerate until ready to serve and refrigerate left overs (if any!) 

So, now you just need to get some good friends (and family) together and enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment