Monday 2 March 2015

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

I read somewhere yesterday that it was National Peanut Butter Day.  Now, I am not sure that it was true, but it doesn't really matter.  It gave me an excuse to run to my kitchen and make cookies!!!  I needed an excuse... My children needed for me to have an excuse.  We are all happy now  :)
 These cookies contain no flour, have 8 simple ingredients, and come out perfectly crisp on the outside and slightly chewy inside.  THE perfect peanut butter cookie!  They took no time to whip up, and served with a scoop of frozen yogurt, were a lovely desert.
So go on, find an excuse and make some cookies!

To make Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies, you will need:

  • 1/4 cup room temperature salted butter
  • a heaping 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (I use Kirkland Natural PB from Costco)
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup golden yellow sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cups quick cooking oats
  • 1 tsp baking soda
Preheat oven to 350F  (if your oven cooks "hot" like mine you may want to preheat to 325F.)

In a medium bowl, mix together butter, peanut butter and sugars until creamy and smooth. Add in egg and salt.
Mix in oats and baking soda until just combined.
drop my spoonful on a parchment lined cookie sheet, spacing them apart (they will spread)
gently flatten with a fork.
I love my cookie scoop, it ensures all my cookies are the same size!

Bake for 8-10 minutes, until spread out and golden.  Allow them to cool for a few minutes to "set", then gently transfer them to wire rack to cool completely.  

 This recipe produces 20 cookies.  Store at room temperature in an air tight container for 2 days (if they last that long!)  

ENJOY!!







1 comment: