Monday 8 June 2015

Cinnamon French Toast Bake

Friday was a PA day in my end of the world, and my daughters had been wanting to make Cinnamon Bread again.  It was fun, and they really enjoyed getting their hands in there, rolling out the dough, sprinkling the cinnamon and rolling it back up! when we pulled the bread out of the oven, it looked perfect!  When we sliced into it.... not so much!
Clearly we didn't roll it tightly enough!  That was ok though!!!  I got a wonderful idea!  I had been craving french toast all week, so I decided to turn this into a French Toast Bake! It was super easy and a wonderful way to start Saturday!!
If you are a "planner", you can very easily prepare this the night before, leave it in the fridge and bake it in the morning. :)
I would also recommend adding blueberries to this, but since I have a few little ones that don't like blueberries as much as I do, I simply serve them on the side.
If you prefer to sweeten this up a little, you can add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of maple syrup to the egg mixture.
This recipe made a perfect amount for 5 people, but can easily be doubled.

To make Cinnamon French Toast Bake you will need:
  • 1/2 loaf Whole Wheat Cinnamon Bread
  • 4 large eggs
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1.5 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg (I use freshly grated)
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • Real Maple Syrup (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Cube the bread and place in a greased 9X9 baking dish.
 Mix the remaining ingredients in a large measuring cup, and carefully pour over the bread, making sure to saturate every piece!
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, until firm to the touch.  Serve with fresh fruit and real maple syrup, if desired!

Bon Appetit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment